Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, January 25, 2010

water water everywhere


I've been playing Amy's water game today and it has to be one of the least fun games I've ever played (no offense Amy). I think it is the water here in my building. It tastes kinda funky. I will have to break down a buy a water filter/pitcher this weekend so that next week the water won't be so blech.

I was reading online trying to figure out just exactly how much water I should be drinking. Everyone knows the old 8oz x 8 rule but I heard several years ago that really your consumption should be based on a more personal factors like weight, activity level, etc. So, I googled it. According to About.com:Nutrition at 280lbs doing 30mins of exercise, I should be drinking 143oz of water a day! That's nearly 8oz x 18! It goes on to say that I can assume that I get 20% of my daily requirement from food which brings me down to 114oz or 15 cups. Holy Water Intake, Batman!

Take the quiz - see what it says about your water consumption.

4 comments:

  1. hahahah....well, I tried! I always have heard you divide your weight in half...and that is how many ounces you should be drinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just took the quiz....I should be drinking 142 oz. I need a bigger water bottle......

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's crazy!! This means that I need to drink at least 98 ounces of water!! I can get in 64, but NOT 98!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YIKES! I need to be getting 15 8oz. servings a day. We better hurry up and invest in public water works, or at least Charmin!

    Oh and Nicole, I will take you up on your offer to chase me while roaring. I imagine the laughs we will get will burn more calories than a brisk walk!

    ReplyDelete