Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, December 28, 2009

having one of those mornings

I had a dream last night that I was pregnant. It was soooooo real. I was attending a baby shower for my soon-to-be-born baby girl Riley. I woke up and felt my belly to be sure. Nope, no baby.

The morning continued with me going through my maternity clothes to put them on craigslist. I don't know what came over me but I just broke out into tears. I sobbed uncontrollably for a good 20 minutes while I sorted things into piles. I just couldn't stop crying. (OK so, maybe the Glee soundtrack CD in the background didn't help.)

I called my husband and he sympathized with me and then he said "I damn near lost you with Aidan and I don't want to ever have that fear again." My mom called too and she, while also reminding me that I almost died, gave me another reason to let go of these maternity clothes. She helped me to realize that if I was to ever want to have another baby that I would NEVER be that size again!!! She is right, even if I was to ever try to get pregnant again, I would never need the 3x-5x maternity clothes that I wore with Aidan.

AND THAT IN ITSELF is the best reason to stop crying and get these clothes sold!

2 comments:

  1. Oh darl,
    What a story... 'gulp'... that really tore at me. If and when you are ready for another baby - it will come - and yes, you must be healthy for it. You have already taken the first giant step and now good things will follow and if another baby is what you want then I am wishing it for you with all my might.

    Great name too for bub - I have a Riley and they are little rays of sunshine (with a hefty dose of mischief and tantrums thrown in!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your mom. I'm PRETTY sure I'm not done having kids, but I got rid of my maternity clothes right after surgery b/c they were like 2-3x's so I just got rid of 'em. Hopefully I'll be a small prego chick in the future! BTW, love the names. My oldest boy is Riley and I LOVEEEEEE LOVE the name Aidan, could be a future child of mine!

    ReplyDelete