Weight Loss Tracker

Friday, December 18, 2009

fill #3 and a shout out


I had fill #3 yesterday and according to the doc's scale I had only lost 3lbs in the 3 weeks since my last fill. One freaking lb a week. How annoying!

The FNP put 1cc in my band bringing me to 4ccs in a 14cc band. Really? Can I get a little more? I had a protein shake last night for dinner so I couldn't tell if I had any new restriction or not. I'll try some eggs for breakfast in a bit and see how that goes.

We took the kids to their first Hospice death preparation counseling session last night. Talk about a hard thing to do. They each seemed to like the counselor and hopefully it will be good for them. We have an appointment to go back next week for some more 1 on 1 time. If you are the positive thinking/praying type (which I am not really) please add my childrens' mother to your list. We know she has a very short time left but we are hoping/praying that she can hold on through Christmas.

Sorry for that bit of downer, I do have some good news, too.

There is a new blogger out there who I met through lapbandtalk.com. She's just joining the blogging world after 3 months of being banded. I've had the pleasure of being in e-mail contact with her for about a month and she is an awesome friend. Everyone check out Tina's Big Band Baby Blog.

5 comments:

  1. Hope the fill helps ya get to where you need... It's hard when they're so conservative.

    Oy. Your family is going through something so rough. You're in my heart. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom died last year from brain cancer. I am a praying person and I will definitely be praying for you and your kids. If it would help you at all, you can email me and I will try to fill you in on how the end is so that you can be better prepared to help the kiddos. SLWorgan@comcast.net

    - Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pound a week is wonderful - it means your skin has time to shrink gently along with you, and your brain adjust more normally to a new way of life. It also steers you away from obsessing about the weight issue and makes you concentrate on other aspects of your life, and that helps deal with the understandable impatience you feel to leave the heavy days behind you.
    Many congratulations on how much you've lost so far!
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pound a wk is not horrible, just frustrating sometimes. Exercise is key, at least with me.

    I will pray for the kids!

    Hope this fill helps you chug along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole, my heart goes out to your kids and their mother. It sounds like this is going to be the best 'death' experience a family could want in the sense of the hospice support.
    I will think warm and kind and loving thoughts for you and your family as you go through this challenging phase of life.
    I hope that you are all able to talk to each other and remember the good times with their mom while she is still with them... that is a great send off.
    Lots and lots of love and hugs to you.
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete