Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, June 29, 2009

motherly advice

My mom and I went to see the Jersey Boys this past weekend. It was a pretty good show even if I was her 2nd choice date (dad was sick).


We talked quite a bit about my decision to have the lap-band. She asked a lot of questions and of course almost cried. She kept saying "if this is what you want to do ...." I don't know what to make of that. She has talked about me having WLS since 2003. She wanted me to do it at the same time my sister had her gastric bypass but I refused. She has mentioned it no less than once a month for the past 6 years and now that I am finally going to do it she says "if this is what you want to do ...." I just don't get it!

Anyone else out there have parents who talk about your weight constantly?

1 comment:

  1. You know, my mom has always just done typical mom stuff. Talking about diets, etc. Nothing horrible. But when I told her about the band she was like.."HMMM" ..sorta of like "wellll, I dont know...."

    For her though it was a money thing. She is very fiscal and was worried if I could afford it.

    Now that they see it working, of course she is on board.

    My dad just wanted me to be healthy. Did you ask her why she responded like that?

    ReplyDelete