Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

tests and decisions

I had my big pre-op testing on Monday. EKG, Upper GI, RUQ Ultrasound, Chest X-ray, and blood work - WHEW! What a way to spend a Monday morning.

I think that the people doing those tests were much more interested in my upcoming surgery than the nutritionist I met with last week. They asked lots of questions and seemed truly excited for me. It was odd having all these strangers knowing that I was going to have WLS. I haven't even told my best friend yet!

My mom went with me so that my husband didn't have to take time off work. She is paying for all of my pre-op testing as my big 30th birthday present. She originally gave me a choice between a trip or jewerly. I decided last weekend to ask her for pre-op instead. My insurance covers most of it but Monday's tests alone were almost $300 out-of-pocket. I think I made the right decision. Is there a better present out there than a new healthy life?

Here we are at my birthday dinner - 2 years ago.

1 comment:

  1. You mom looks like she could be your sister! And no...there is no better present than a healthy life!

    ReplyDelete