Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

playing with pounds

I wanted to write an excited post the day I got into the 200s (299.8 to be exact). I even took a picture of my feet on the scale (funny enough, it was the same day Amy did hers). I got rather busy that day at work and didn't get it posted.

The next morning I woke up, hopped on the scale as usual, and what did my bleary eyes see? 300.4 !!!!!! I shook it off and weighed myself a little later on 299.6. The next day I even got down to 299.2. This morning however, 301.2.






DAMN YOU 2 LBS!!!





So now it's been 5 days since I first hit 299.8 and I am still playing with the same 2 lbs. I think it might be a combination of two things: 1) not drinking enough water and 2) not eating enough calories. For instance, yesterday I had around 700 calories. I did worked really hard on the water part, though. I swear I felt like I was going to float away. Today, I am working on the calories.

I know I shouldn't weigh myself every day because weight is such a fluxuating thing but tomorrow is my first post-op appointment with the doc. I really want to be under 300 when I step on his scale fully clothed.

7 comments:

  1. I've got 3 pounds I've been bouncing back and forth but I'm pretty sure that after my fill last Friday.....they are gone! I've lost 2 additional. Small steps......big courage....it will happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stick with it, I know that soon these numbers will be in the distant past!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It counts! You hit 299! The fluctuations will eventually go away and you will be even lower. You deserve to celebrate and post that scale pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you.. I too am bobbing around the same numbers.. does our head in! At least you are aware of it and eating and drinking accordingly :) keep at it.. it will shift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. give yourself a few days of higher calories and see how it goes... there was a time a few months ago where i wasn't losing unless i was getting to 1200 cals a day... just add some fruits and healthy snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just stick with things. I cannot tell you the number of times I have gone down and then back up again. I also weight everyday and if you are going to do that you have to get your mind around the fact that you will hit a low and then bounce back up all the time. I count the lows and ignore the ups until I go down again. This band thing works! and no matter how scared we are that it is a big pipe dream it is not..the weight will move again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH I feel you. When I was trying to take a picture, the lighting was bad. I moved the scale and stepped back on and it said 230 (instead of 227), I said AH HELL NO...and promptly moved it back to its original position.

    ReplyDelete