Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, November 2, 2009

mini get to know me

Inspired by Amanda - check out her blog
1.) My name is Nicole. Originally it was Helen Nicole but I dropped my first name when I got married which is technically against the law.
2.) I was born on August 20, 1979. Almost 1 month late - my poor mother.
3.) I've lived my whole life in North Carolina (Greenville, Boone, Raleigh, Garner). From birth until the age of 18, I lived in the same bedroom.
4.) I want to take a long vacation to Kenya. I might get eaten by a lion but at least then I would have seen one outside of the zoo.
5.) I have been in the "communication business" since 1999. It wasn't until I built a website that my mom accepted that as a career choice. I am by no means a web designer but it is something tangible.
6.) When my sister had gastric bypass in 2003, I swore I would never let myself get big enough to warrant WLS. And yet here we are!
7.) We have 3 pets: Maya (because she is myyyyy kitty); Kallie (because that was her name at the pound and we liked it) and Sam (because I loved Sam in Lord of the Rings -"I'm your Sam.")
8.) In March, my husband and I will have been together for 8 years; married for 3. We got married on our 5th anniversary in the bar where we met. We threw ourselves a surprise wedding.
9.) I think about getting my PhD. Then I think about all the things I would miss in my children's lives while I was studying/writing papers.
10.) I secretly worry that I won't be a good enough mom to my step-kids after their mother dies and I am the only mother they have left.

These are the things I love:
watching my son sleeping with his butt in the air, hot sweet tea with ice, anything considered mexican food, Aquafina, East Carolina University, watching snow fall at night, the smell of my cat's fur, my old winnie the pooh pillow, the fact that my husband wears drakkar even though he hates it, watching my stepkids play with Aidan, the pirate movie, sleeping under the comfortor with the fan on, baking cookies for my family, working with college students, lions, roller skating, being the voice of NC State on several university phone systems, pretending to work while I am blogging with you all

7 comments:

  1. yay!! I love reading facts about the people who write the blogs I read :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this! What a great idea .. I might just pinch it do one too. They are such lovely thing.. every last one of them. Nice going :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Is this a new layout or have you had it a while - anyway its lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole-- a poignant post in many ways. I'm afraid to ask, is the mom of your step kids ill? It seems it from your post.
    That kid position of sleeping with butt in the air is the cutest, they give it up too soon-- my son is 5 and that time is long gone.
    Thanks for sharing... and for the lovely comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again, no need to ask, I checked myself and saw the answer in your blog. I am sorry about Billy's ex-wife, very sad, but her children are so fortunate to have a loving step mom to step in...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you were a late baby!! I love the smell of our cats' fur too. All 4 of them :) If I weren't married, I'd be called a "crazy cat lady" for sure.

    ReplyDelete