Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, November 19, 2009

i've got a fillin' (woohoo)


I finally heard back from my surgeon's office regarding my request to have my fill done earlier than originally scheduled. It was supposed to be December 4th making it 4 weeks from my first fill. I haven't felt any restriction since about the 2nd day after the fill and I've been able to eat just about anything I wanted. Granted, I had the one PB experience but I honestly chaulk that up to not chewing well enough since I had only had 3 bites of food before it happened.

The nurse said that I can schedule a fill as close as 2 weeks from my last fill. I thought about scheduling it next week but then I thought ... what happens if I am too tight and everyone is off celebrating Thanksgiving! So it looks like I will be heading to the doc tomorrow. It will have been 2 weeks and 1 day.


Another banded friend of mine "heard somewhere" that people with larger bands (like me at 14ccs) don't get real restriction until around 9ccs. I'm trying not to focus on that. Like my husband says "don't rush it." A few posts ago, I referenced the green zone diagram that my surgeon uses. I found an image of it online. Right now, I am totally in the yellow zone. Hopefully fill #2 will get me at least a little closer to the green zone.

4 comments:

  1. Hey there-- thanks for posting the 'zone' picture.. I hope you hit the green soon. I agree with your dh, hang in there , you will get there. And when you look back at this time of adjustment-- it will just be part of the history of your weight loss success!
    xo Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, me too - I agree with DH.. don't rush getting those fills - you have to creep up on the green zone in order not to freak your body out with going to fast. It is tempting though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Depending on how much you have, the next fill could put you right between the yellow and green. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. now that i look at the first picture again, is that supposed to be Bill Clinton talking about lap band restriction?

    ReplyDelete